It is a system of underground wire that sends a signal to the collar on your dog’s neck, which then lets them know they are near the boundary of your property. The system works by sending a harmless electric pulse through the collar when it gets close to the boundary wire. This will cause your dog to turn away from it and come back toward you.
The wireless invisible fence works by setting up an electronic boundary around your home or property that you do not want your pet to cross. When your dog approaches this boundary, he will receive a mild shock or other warning from his collar, which will teach him not to cross it again. Wireless invisible fence is best used as an alternative to traditional fences as it allows you more freedom while still keeping your pet safe inside the yard.
How to Install Wireless Invisible Dog Fence
1. Put in the batteries. The transmitter and dog collar receivers should come with three AA batteries each. These are easy to install, but you should always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Test the system out before putting it on your dog’s neck. This will make sure that everything is working properly before you have to go back and replace any faulty parts. Plus, it gives you time to figure out how the collar works and get used to using it yourself.
3. Place the transmitter in an area where you want your dog to be able to run around freely without getting out of range of the signal from the receiver on his neck. You may need a second or third transmitter if there are multiple areas where you want him off-leash access (for example, one for inside your house and one for outside).
4. Place the receiver on your dog’s neck. Make sure that it fits comfortably and doesn’t interfere with his collar tags or any other accessories he wears (such as a harness).
5. Test out the system by walking around with your dog on a leash so you can get used to how the collar works before putting him off-leash.
6. Once you’re ready to let him go, simply remove the leash and give him a treat or play with him for a few minutes so he forgets about it.
7. When you want to bring him back in, just press on the transmitter button and say “come!”
8. The collar will start beeping and vibrating, which should get your dog’s attention. If he ignores it, continue pressing on the transmitter button until he comes back to you.
While some people may think that electronic training collars are cruel, they can be an extremely effective way to train your dog. They’re particularly good for people who have a lot of land and don’t want their dog running off into the woods—especially if he’s wearing a GPS tracking collar.